Friday, February 25, 2011

Clutter.

Today, I have been thinking about how cluttered my life is.  No structure, too much stuff, and it seems like things just keep piling up.  I want to manage things, but it's just hard to know where to begin.  Some things, like cleaning a house or putting items away just feels pointless... they are going to be messed up in a day anyways.  The dishes will pile up again, the floor will need vacuuming, I will need to sort the laundry.  Papers will need to be filed, bills will need to be paid.  My "solution" to this is to ignore it all and read or watch tv or waste time because it is just so overwhelming.  I try to get rid of things but then I think... what if I need this later?  I guess I have emotional attachment to some things as well.  Other things I want to sell because they are too valuable to just give away but I don't want to go to the trouble of listing them on a website and having to mail them to someone.  This leads to clutter, which stresses me out, which paralyzes me.  My husband ends up doing a lot of the things that I should be doing on top of his school work.  We want to have kids soon, but I keep thinking, if I can't manage my own life, how could I be responsible for a baby?

1 comment:

  1. I just happened to find that you have a blog! I'm so excited so that we can stay in better touch! Love you Anne!

    ReplyDelete